Friday, September 19, 2008

DRAUPADI AUNTY, meditation, spiritual life

She went to the divine home yesterday. I had first met her in the year 1996.

My age was 23 years at that time. It was a time with strong spirits and was a time of a search. I was into excess of everything. It was a time chanting GAYATRI MANTRA for forty five minutes. It used be two hours of gym. It used to be six hours of college. It used to be meeting all classmates saying hello to all in the college. It used to be movies almost four a week. It used to be giving tutions to school children for two hours for five days a week.[ tutions means i used to get good nashta and tea which at that time outside would cost 10 rupees. And money earned from tutions was sufficient for the four movies a week.] And it used to be watching the dreams with the eyes open. My friend R suggested that I should learn meditation. My first reaction was, 'why should i learn meditation from any other person, when my way of life was sufficient enough to teach me meditation.' One fine day I had a thought that lets learn it as I came from a rural place and it was a feeling ," I have come to the city and I should fill myself up with whatever I can, if I do not get the chance to be again in the city than I shall loose the chance of learning.'
So I told my friend R that lets go the place he had suggested where I can learn meditation. He took me to this place DRAUPADI AUNTY'S home. A very simple lady , she did not know english, her knowledge of language was HINDI language. When I went to her for the first time she gave me a small booklet which informed what to do in the meditation and group meditation and individual sittings with trainers. It was half an hour meditation session in which she sat with the eyes closed and I too sat with the eyes closed. She had asked me to sit with the feeling that i have divine light in the heart but my mind was absolutely roaming sometimes and sometimes looking for the divinity in the heart . Thus there happened three introductory meditation sitting with her. She was a trainer in a spiritual organisation where meditation on heart is taught.

to be continued...

1 comment:

Manjushree Abhinav said...

This is a very interesting train of thoughts.

I am looking forward to more posts.

However, to make reading an easier experience, please break up the text into small paragraphs.
Just like meditation is necessary in life so that one can recharge, etc, paragraphs give a pause during reading. :)